Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Illinois State cops have no crime to occupy them?

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:16:18 -0600, Steve Ackman
wrote:

We were just east of St. Louis today on I-70 with a
27' travel trailer in tow. I was following a semi doing
about 60 mph, and as he slowed down, so did I. Limit for
trucks and trailers is 55 mph in Ill. Ah! Cop coming up
behind us.
Gets about even with the semi in front of us, and
matches speed. After about two miles, he drops back to
about a car length behind us, still one lane to the left.
Hangs there for about five more miles when he hits his
lights.

This guy was apparently a moron. Kept asking me the
same questions over and over and I kept giving the same
answers over and over. Finally after about 20 minutes,
he asks to see my license and registrations, and after
barely glancing at any of it, tells me he's not going
to cite me, to drive safely and have a nice day. I
never did figure out why he pulled me over or what he
didn't cite me for. At one point he had said something
about the trailer swerving in the wind... as if that
were somehow a citable offense, but the breeze was
barely enough to rustle the leaves.

I've driven the country MANY times, north to south,
east to west, and this is the first time I've ever been
pulled over for no reason. Actually, it's the first
time I've ever been pulled over on an interstate.

The length of my hair? He's shopping for a travel
trailer and was hoping I'd offer him a tour? Out of
state plates? He was bored? During the interrogation
I was just puzzled, but afterwards, I was ****ed. Where
do these little tin Jesuses get off detaining law abiding
citizens for no reason at all?

I think Illinois just formed the basis for my new
"avoid like the plague" list.

What questions did he keep asking over and over for 20 minutes?