Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Why the September Jobs Report Is So Brutal

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:06:10 -0400, "Buerste" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
snip
For your personal safety during the Great Cull..you may wish to start
working out with a scoped large caliber rifle.

Ive plenty of e-books I can email you on "long range personel
interdiction" and so forth if you would like.

Just a heads up.

In urban areas....up close and personal has its limitations...but...do
as you see fit.

I plan on living through the Great Cull and long afterwards...so if I
decided to get off the porch..Id simply use one of the heavy barreled
rifles and work at many hundreds of yards.

Shrug

I do have an SKS, Russian made. I always wanted a .308, ammo easily falls
off of trucks. But the Russian hardware adds the necessary irony.

Russian.,.Japanese..they were all enemies at one time or another..and
likely will be enemies again.

Might I suggest a Savage heavy barrel in .308? The new ones are
marvelously accurate out to 1000 yrds or more.

I personally prefer something a bit heavier for those really long
shots...300 Win Mag at the least..but the .308 does the job very well
all on its own.

Just a heads up....

http://www.gunblast.com/Savage10FP-LE2.htm

I dont much like his choice of scope..but...shrug

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.