Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default 1100 Pounds Capacity

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Wadda ya think?

1100 lbs each or total for all 4?

I need to move something that weighs right at 4000 lbs. I can lift it
with my ten ton mini ram, but I need to move it out of the way, do some
work, and then move it back.

You would be low to the floor. If everything goes right, it will work. If
it don't, you'll be trying to jack up 4,000# just to get the wreckage out.
I'd say it's a coin toss.

I used to rig. Rule is to make it three times what you need. I don't think
you'll need that much overkill, but I'd suggest at least 1.5x. Have a clean
floor, use low rollers, anticipate cracks and obstructions, and tie it off
if there is any slope AT ALL. Remember, once something gets going, it gains
speed and aims for the most expensive item in the place.

Keep us posted.

Steve