Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default New HD policy

Red wrote:
Bought some construction material from HD yesterday. The receipt
shows the cost of each item and the refund value of each item. The
refund value is 10% less than the purchase price. Guess they're now
charging a 10% restocking fee on returned items. They've now lost my
business.

I find it simply incredible folks want the absolute rock-bottom cheapest
initial price and still think that owes them the "right" to take stuff
home, let it lay around a construction site for a month or two and then
take the culls back for full credit/refund. Often I even see folks take
tools for a weekend job, use them, then claim some "defect" and return
them...

But, as for HD policy,

Our Store Return Policy
Our Store Return Policy Basics

Returns within 90 days of purchase and with a valid sales receipt
will be exchanged, refunded in cash, credited to your account or
refunded via The Home Depot store credit.

Return and Product Exceptions

- Purchases made with store credit, gift certificates and gift cards
will be refunded as store credit. Store credits cannot be used to
purchase gift cards.
- Gasoline-powered equipment may be returned within 30 days of
purchase with a valid sales receipt. After 30 days, item may be sent out
for repair at the customer's expense, unless covered under warranty.

Sorry, Returns Not Available on the Following Products:
-Custom made products and custom tinted paint
-Gift cards, gift certificates and store credits
-Utility trailers

-Special Order returns are subject to 15% restocking fee.
Cancellations may be subject to 15% restocking fee.**

**See Special Services Desk at your local store for details.

Nothing about 10%; I'd suggest asking local store management about what
the deal is specifically if it's that bothersome but my real suggestion
is as above--you buy it; it's yours unless there is an actual defect.
Don't buy stuff if the intent is to return it; what's the point anyway???