Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Festool Question: Was Beaded Face Frame - Kreg

wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:37:56 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Now I am starting to wonder about my 25 piece doors that I finished
building
yesterday.

Easier to redirect this message to you Leon. I was wondering about
your CT22 vacuum. Do you use it for other cleanups or just with your
Festools? I've thought seriously about making a Domino purchase and
I'd be a little closer to that step if I rationalized that I'd be
using the vacuum for other uses besides just as a Festool woodworking
addition.

Thanks

wrote:

Now I am starting to wonder about my 25 piece doors that I finished
building
yesterday.

Easier to redirect this message to you Leon. I was wondering about
your CT22 vacuum. Do you use it for other cleanups or just with your
Festools? I've thought seriously about making a Domino purchase and
I'd be a little closer to that step if I rationalized that I'd be
using the vacuum for other uses besides just as a Festool woodworking
addition.

Thanks

Until about 3 years ago my clean up only involved a broom, dust pan, and
trash can. I added a DC with a 20' flex hose that will reach and attach to
my TS, BS, planer, drum sander , OSS, disk sander, and my router table. It
will reach to most any point in my garage for the rest of what gets loose,
usually that which falls through the bottom cracks under the cabinet saw.
;~)

When the Domino was introduced and I just had to have one I considered not
using a shop vac along side, contrary to the Festool recommendations. I did
not want to listen to the screaming shop vac that currently I had and at all
costs avoided using for that very reason, so I bit the bullet and got the
CT22 also. That made purchasing the 2 Festool sanders an easier
consideration later on, no dust!

So for cleanup I really don't have much to clean up and mostly what does
escape the DC or the CT 22 gets swept into a small lump and sucked up with
the DC.

I mostly use the CT22 for the Domino, Rotex sander, and finish sander.
Because I build with loose tennons more often now rather than with pocket
hole screws the Kreg jig does not see as much action. BUT when I do use
the Kreg pocket hole jig I hook up the CT22 using a $4 adapter and the
pocket hole jig no longer makes a mess as it did in the past.

If my DC and its very accommodating 20' hose were not handy to use I would
probably use the CT22 much more. It does have good suction and what I
really appreciate about it is that when I have it and the Domino, Rotex
sander, finish sander or my DeWalt 3/8" corded drill attached to it I can
not hear it running. All of the power tools drown the CT22 out.

Keep in mind, IIRC if you buy the CT22 when you buy another Festool power
tool you get a price break. Once I experienced the effectiveness and quiet
of the CT22 I found myself trying to use it any time that I could. I cannot
stress enough how much cleaner my shop is using the Festool sanders along
side the CT22.

I would buy it all again with out hesitation knowing what I know now.