Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default Shower walls, flexible panels

In article 3,
says...
I just bought a couple of those plastic (acrylic, I think) panels that are
used for gluing over old tile or backerboard to create a new clean look for
a shower.

These panels are 36" by 80" and flexible enough to roll for transport.

I will need to cut these panels to fit to the size of the shower and
also the holes for the control valve and shower nozzle.

The guy at Home Hardware said they could be cut with a utility knife.
Does anyone have experience with these? Can they be cut this way or do I
need a special tool to do the job ?

I've put up several of the tub surrounds that use these thin panels. They
cut OK with a knife, but they are very slippery and a knife can skid and
mark the surface, especially when making tight curved cuts. I use a hole saw
or even a spade bit for the faucet holes, both methods work much better. Use
a straight edge for the long cuts, and keep the waste to the knife side of
the straight edge in case you slip.

--
Dennis