Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Why the September Jobs Report Is So Brutal

On Oct 5, 3:37*pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
Buerste wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:57:24 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

wrote in message

On Oct 4, 7:09 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It makes it even MORE economically attractive for Tom to invest
in new, more
productive equipment, so he can compete. Reducing wages then
moves his equilibrium point up for a while, and then it just
reduces aggregate demand.
Individually, Tom won't notice it. But if other small businessmen
do the
same thing, we'll all notice it.

But investing on more productive equipment means that Tom can
employ fewer workers. *So this is not where the jobs are going to
come from.

First, if you're right about that, then Tom is perpetuating a
fraud when he ties his investment to hiring more workers. g But
that's not right. If he's adding to equipment he'll have to add
workers. If he REPLACES old
equipment with new, he *may* be able to reduce the number of
workers. But
that's not likely. It would take a lot of investment, and his ROI
probably
wouldn't stand up, in comparison with simply *adding* some new
capacity to
increase his output.

--
Ed Huntress

Your imaginary model of my business is so far off the mark I don't
even know
where to BEGIN to correct you.
A. *I don't HAVE any old equipment, haven't you been reading my
posts for the past ten years?
B. *I have drastically reduced the number of man-hours per product.
C. *I don't buy equipment, I design and build it for the costs of
material and labor...no bank loans.
D. *My equipment is beyond state of the art.
E. *I have plenty of excess capacity in some areas and I run
overtime in other areas. *It depends on the market, the Democrats
have destroyed the industrial market...guess where my excess
capacity is? *But I don't need it
and idle machines don't eat anything.

I get four or more good, legitimate offers for my company every
year and many more bull**** ones. *I can sell and retire any time I
want for more than I can ever spend. *I must have done some things
right, so I trust my OWN judgment and instincts a whole lot more
than yours.

Why don't you come and visit?

Because Ed has been largely a failure in Business and has spent his
last several years doing "craftsman" type work.

Id be surprised if he could turn a crank on any machine without some
serious thought and some outside prodding.

Having his world view of others and his OWN sucesses invalidated
would give him a serious case of the Ass..so dont expect him to
visit any time soon.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the
clean end.

I like Ed, he just has brain-lock. *What makes a person go liberal?
It makes no sense, it's like they never think anything through or
can't get past the Kool-Aid induced synaptic short-circuits. *The
worst part is that they THINK they have superior thoughts. *My
brother and sister in law (both lawyers) are even worse liberals,
they make 1/4 mil a year between then yet they are always broke and
over extended. *It REALLY busted their chops when their oldest boy
joined the Army with the intention of Army Intel., just passed Ranger
school and eventually wants in to the FBI. *They break out in red
blotches every time I mention it.(hee hee hee)

(hee hee hee) those blotches were more likely the result of them thinking
about the increased odds they might live to bury their son.
I don't see anything "hee hee hee" funny about that.
That you do is even less amusing.

--
John R. Carroll- Hide quoted text -

It also tells us that his brother and sister-in-law have an A-hole for
a relative.

Having any American dying for his Country is never "hee hee hee"
funny.

TMT