Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Thin Circular Saw Blades

"TMC" wrote in message

"BraileTrail" wrote in message
I have a cheap circular saw from B&Q with a 20mm spindle and, I
think, 160mm blade. I want to get a thin blade for the saw to use to
cut access hatches in chipboard floors. Whenever I Google on the
subject clearly loads of references to products come up, but they
don't mention the width of cut. I did find a "fine" blade on the
Axminster site, but wasn't sure if that referred to the pitch or cut
width. Perhaps the 2 are related?

I was thinking of setting the saw to 45 degrees and just (!) deeper
than the board depth, then cutting a rectangular hatch.

What blade should I ask for and is this idea going to work anyway?

Thanks,
BraileTrail

I drylined all of my house with a product called Fermacell .... initially I
used a standard circular saw .. after one cut you could not see in the room
for 20mins .. the width of the blade turned that quantity into flour !

I bought a battery operated saw which by default use thin kerf blades (as it
takes less power to take a thin cut)

This proved excellent .. massive reduction in dust.

The saw I had was a Performance Power (B+Q) battery job .... anywhere that
sells DeWalt tools will have the saw blades.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...LAID=350929832