Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beaded Face Frame - Kreg

On Oct 4, 12:39 pm, Swingman wrote:

Looks to me that the shoulder might make that easier than you think?
Then again, maybe not.

I have no idea. But for the last few nifty machines I have looked at,
it always seems that it will be easier to use than it is. I think I
am jaded. =

How long the fad will last is anyone's guess, but do know for a fact
that they are a much asked about item in kitchens theses days.

Apparently the "kitchen and bath" magazine industry was looking for an
old "new" idea to sell magazines.

Either that design hasn't made its way over here yet in full force, or
our designers didn't like it. I see the beading on bath cabs and
such, but not on full kitchens. Maybe the cost... dunno...

Hey, I'm not trying to sell the damn things, but I wouldn't mind
using/adapting the concept to cut back on the waste and time it takes to
do beaded FF on a ****load of cabinets.

Are you sure? Lots of conspiracy guys around here these days...
you'll never get away with it!! just kiddin'

Saving time on repetitive tasks is always a good thing. But as slow
as my business has been (last full kitchen - 8 months ago and nothing
in sight!!) I have no need for any new tools, nor the budget to buy
them.

Right now, you couldn't drive a toothpick in my ass with a
sledgehammer.

Robert