Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default telephone cable

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:55:11 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

If packed tight, it would end up with the twists concentrating
themselves into kinks, with untwisted lengths between the kinks,
and also adjacent pairs locking twists against each other
(each pair should have different number of twists per metre
to stop that from happening over a long cable run).

Thanks for all the reassurance. I had not thought about all the twists
knotting together and flexibility for corners etc.

I don't know if there was any confusion but I'm not using the flat
cable; that's why I bought this reel to replace the flat cable
supplied.

Thanks again.