Scott Brownell

Default Woodworker's Warehouse unfair sale practice

Tom Crist wrote:

Here's the reply I received from Bill Kearney, VP Store Operations of
Woodworkers Warehouse:

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us regarding the BOSCH 4412 miter
saw. I assure you we are not intentionally trying
to take advantage of, or mislead any of our customers with our flyers. We
do make price adjustments through the course of
the year and it appears as though we increased the price without verifying
the market price. Then our advertising department
turned around and featured the saw as an off priced piece at the exact same
price as it was before the event ran. To make
matters even worse, the same offer is in the next flyer which is already
printed ready to mail on Nov 20th. With this particular
saw we did not do our homework, or properly present it as a true value to
our customers. I apologize for the way the saw is
portrayed. We are not in the habit of, and have no intentions of
increasing prices just to have the ability to be "on sale". I
have made the adjustment to the everyday market price on the saw at $699 and
we will make a genuine effort not to have this
kind of a thing happen again.

I value your business and appreciate your communication. Good luck with
your new house, I'm sure your 20' x 60' space will
make one great "dream workshop"!

Sincerely,
Bill Kearney, VP Store Operations

I think that was a great reply, he recognized what you stated and is
changing things in accordance with that. Kinda strikes me as another
Robin in that he's doing his best to provide both for us and his
company, I'd never ask for more than that. Looks like a good company to
purchase from to me. Thanks for posting this.

Scott
up later, the damage remains.