Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeB[_3_] MikeB[_3_] is offline

Default Jammed garage door

On Oct 4, 7:44*pm, aemeijers wrote:

Asking to use the can on a long job is to be expected- when I had
furnace replaced, I showed the guys where it was when they did the
estimate. Asking for food is pushing it. .

Well, yea, I expect that people can't control nature, but, for
instance these guys painting my house, they have been here every day
since Monday from about 7am to 4 pm and not one of them, once asked to
use the can. I've gone out and told them they are welcome to use the
can, but they just don't. I don't know if they go in a bottle or
behind the bushes or what...

So yea, using the can is OK, I just found that most contractors seem
somewhat reticent to use customers' facilities.

I usually make a point of offering contractors something to drink,
usually water or if they are here early, coffee. Most again decline
and I know that many of them make sure they have enough liquids in a
cooler or something so they are not dependent on customers.

As for the food, I felt kind of sorry for the kid. It is tough if you
are youngish and don't eat for a long while. Making him a sandwich
wasn't a problem. Again, if I remember, I might inquire of a crew if
they have food around lunchtime. With this kid it just slipped my
mind, since I was quite busy that day and didn't eat lunch myself.