Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:22:56 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

krw wrote:
On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 15:06:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

snip

When I ran a crew on a project,
I would deliberately tell them to do something that was
wrong. After having to stop them a few times, the really
smart ones caught on and challenged me. I told them that if
they even had a feeling something was wrong, speak up but
be prepared to explain why. A crew like that can save a
company a lot of money. I once installed a Halon fire
suppression system in a mission control center and the
prints I was given made no sense to me. I argued with the
HMFIC and was told it's on the print, DO IT. The prints
had been prepared by my employer not The Core of Engineers.
The cost of a mistake like that falls on those who supply
the prints. When the manufacturer's rep arrived, he exclaimed,
"These prints are wrong! It's a good thing you didn't go by
this!". Even though I saved the company a great deal of
money, it put a bug up the tailpipe of the HMFIC. Something
about loss of face. Being an agent provocateur is a lot of

Ah, so you're testing us? You're not just stupid, but a stupid liar.

fun, keep those ideas coming.

Do keep the really stupid ones to yourself.

It wasn't my idea to start with you idiot, it was
a discussion about possibilities. I'm so glad that

You sure "helped" it along.

a world leading expert such as yourself would chime
in and share your dearth of knowledge. *snicker*

It doesn't take a "world leading expert" to see that you're full of
****. Common sense is enough. Like I said earlier, try thinking for
yourself sometime. Your neuron might be scared at first, but it'll
calm down.