Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 04:35:59 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

THIS DOES'NT MAKE MUCH SENSE
IT IS DOABLE BUT WHY ?

In my case, basically for higher reliability of some electronic gizmos. Also
to have pretty much maintenance free electronic gizmos so far as battery
replacement goes.

I live in a rural area and the electricity goes out at least twice a
month...

And I've had problems with phone answering machines which need to have the
time reset each time the power goes out. Or other models the batteries wear
out quickly during a power outage. So my phone answering machine needs
constant attention!

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/

Then I have about 7 battery operated clocks (due to power outages), 6
battery electronic thermometers for temperature monitoring because I have a
wood stove and want to keep an eye on the temperatures when I am in other
rooms of the house, then about 6 battery smoke detectors / CO detectors
everywhere (again for wood stove monitoring).

Basically I frequently need to replace a battery in something. It would be
nice to have just one central battery and not worry about it except once
every several years!

One central battery means one total failure

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/