Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default How do you open a NEC 20WGX2 flatscreen monitor?

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 08:02:34 -0700 (PDT), "js.b1"
wrote:

Sorry for the silence, I've been away, but have just paddled through the
ange grinder junk and read a few promising leads to the actual question
in hand, so thanks to those giving useful answers... gawd there's
enough spam from the nutters on here and now it looks as if i'll have to
add angle grinders to my junk filter.

On Oct 3, 8:36*am, PeterC wrote:
Having read all this, I'm now a bit happier
that my monitor has an external PSU.

External? I thought the IPS 20WGX2 used an Integrated PSU?

My 20WGX2 (its from NEC, don't know what IPS is) runs direct off 240V,
but I think we have some confusion here with a dead Dell. Do you have
actual experience of the NEC 20WGX2 ? I'm prety sure there are no screws
involved, certainly none visible, just a clamshell with a very tight and
neat join line, and no metalwork near it.

I'll try again tomorrow with the suggestions above and report back.

Phil