Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Beaded Face Frame - Kreg

On Oct 4, 1:30*pm, Swingman wrote:
Tom Watson wrote:
On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 11:35:23 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Leon and I were just discussing this on the back channel.

Any one here going to bite?

http://vimeo.com/5577744

I don't see how that is better than what I've been doing. *I bead up
the stock and then remove what needs to be by using a combination of
the chopsaw with the depth set, and the bandsaw to do what the chopsaw
can't.

They'll have to do some more convincing to crowbar any money out of my
wallet.

I like the concept, though. Anything that can cut back on "time and
waste" is worth at least a look from me, as I seem to have done a lot of
both on beaded FF's.

Would like to get a hold of a bit and try to jig up from there,
especially if I can get equipment that currently takes up space in shop
involved, like the Multi-Router.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Then there are these guys who also seem to think that beaded face-
frames are de rigueur.
They have a whack of gizmos to deal with that 'problem'.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...oy/Hoffman.jpg

I tend to agree with Robert "The Nail" Shooter that it could be a
solution looking for a problem.
Or, as Angela likes to say: "The answer to the question nobody asked."