Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beaded Face Frame - Kreg

On Oct 4, 11:13*am, Tom Watson wrote:

I don't see how that is better than what I've been doing. *I bead up
the stock and then remove what needs to be by using a combination of
the chopsaw with the depth set, and the bandsaw to do what the chopsaw
can't.

Yeah, I'm not getting that one. The gloss over the fact that you must
be 100% (as in absolutely no margin of error) accurate on your depth
cuts in the stiles, and perfect in the length of the ears that are cut
off on the rails. Anyone that has tried to match cuts with an Incra
system or any of the other snap on stop systems can testify how hard
that can be. Again, I am looking at that depth adjustment. How many
test cuts would you have to make?

At least if you are building faces the old fashioned way (not as show
in the video with saw blade burned wood, oozing glue, and poor bead
mold placement) you can make up just a bit of inconsistency when you
add your bead mold. With this system, you have no margin for error.

They'll have to do some more convincing to crowbar any money out of my
wallet.

Ditto. I didn't know that there was such a great need for beaded
faces that a new product was needed. To me, this is a solution
looking for a problem.

Robert