Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Winterizing time

"Marina" wrote in message
"cshenk" wrote in
:

Hi All,

It's that time again. I'm hoping I don't forget any parts this year.
I took care of the car (flushed radiatior, refilled with new
antifreeze). I know we need to check all caulking around the house
(next weekend). Also drag out the space heaters for the garage and
sunroom.

What else do the rest of you do?

I've got 3 more windows to replace , boiler to get cleaned , leaves to take
care of(just started to drop) , planters and other garden stuff to put away
and I'll be pretty much ready except for putting the plow in the garage and
putting the studded snowtires on my wife's '06 Elantra which I won't do till
after Thanksgiving....They are mounted on different rims so the switch is
easy....That's near the end of Nov. for those across the pond and north of
the border...LOL..My 4X4 truck is ready......Oops , got a little more
caulking to do as well...Burned my massive brush pile from trimming my trees
and clearing brush out back today...A nice wet day for it...Boy did it still
burn FAST...Glad I waited for a wet day.....