Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty Master Betty is offline

Default Outdoor pond

"Red Green" wrote in message
Jason Carlton wrote in news:351d6fb5-851f-4154-
:

Have any of you ever built an outdoor pond? I'm curious whether I
really need to use 45 mil pond liner, or can I save $$$ and go with 20
mil for about 30% less?

I'm in NC, if it matters.

It was many many moons ago but I believe I used the 45. Last thing I
wanted was a leak, tear, sun deterioration, cold weather crack after all
that work. I was in northern VT. It was 4ft deep because in winter it
would freeze very deep at 20-30 below. Many critters found their way to
it, lived in the summer and hibernated in the winter at the bottom. Had
water plants in pots on a ledge below the water line. They were dropped
to the bottom in winter.

Most of my supplies I got mail order from a large supplier. Prices then
were much better than local. Link for liners:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ycbofo9
- or -
http://tinyurl.com/ycbofo9

Pond Pics...BTW which they ended up using in their catalog.

http://tinypic.com/r/jagia9/4
http://tinypic.com/r/10dwg8n/4
http://tinypic.com/r/309ikd2/4
http://tinypic.com/r/a1plyt/4