Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke detectors for the elderly

I have the same problem with my amplified phone. It's a
trimline, the volume control on the handset. The ringer is
some high pitched chirp that I can't hear with my hearing
aids out. I put a splitter, and an old mechanical Ma Bell
phone, which I can hear sometimes.

I know of no low pitch smoke alarm, though that's much
needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert Green" wrote in message
I was at an elderly friend's house the other day when the
smoke alarm went
off. It was quite loud and I reacted instantly to the
noise. My friend, a
former Army marksman in his 70's, who's suffering from
profound high
frequency hearing loss, heard nothing!!!