Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default when (if) to use t-molding in laminate flooring installation

"coloradotrout" wrote in message
When should t-moldings be used when installing laminate flooring
across several rooms (or the entire level) of a home?

I believe my 1st home was installed with no t-moldings at all except
some moldings for transitions between laminate and carpet/vinyl. But
then again they also nailed down the laminate in some areas - a big no-
no.

I'm thinking to install laminate in my current home and curious if I
should divide with t-molding between rooms? or just keep it
continuous without the molding. I can see where the molding might
help with adjusting for crooked walls from one room to another, but
moldings everywhere seems a bit unsightly.

No need for the molding unless you are transitioning to a different
material, different direction, or need some adjustment.