Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default exploding mice.....

Well, took the battery cover off. closer inspection showed that
one of the duracell procell battery's had Grey goo hissing out of the
positive end of the battery. I have NEVER seen a AA battery do that
before. replaced the battery and the mouse was fine. Go figure...
They were some I had laying around with a 2008 code date on them.

I've had Duracells leak in two pieces of equipment I own. It damaged one of
them, and Duracell had to replace part of the item (an Olympus dictating
machine).

I don't use Duracells. I use Eveready and Toshiba.