George

Default two-inch thick stock for chair seats

Right.

Clear white pine (P. strobus) at a buck-fifty a foot is outrageously high.
I don't buy wider than 13", because that's the capacity of my planer.

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:32:32 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

I just called my wood dealer, but he doesn't carry any 2" thick stock
lumber. I'm specifically looking for kiln-dried eastern white pine

I'm not surprised. 2" thick pine (most species) will just be an
exercise in futility as it twists and cups. If you did find it in a
good stable condition, then I'd expect it to be a high pricetag item,
as pine of that grade, tight enough to be good for furniture, is rare.