Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Uk Freeview

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Ok on the timings. I'll look out for the trials. Doubtless, the Beeb
will be trumpeting about them when they start. In terms of actually
receiving them, I was thinking more in terms of my "HD ready" TV with
Freeview built in, being able to resolve them.

Not a chance in hell, I'm afraid.

As suspected then, Dave. Any 'definitely known' reasons ? Do you think
that the general public is aware of this any more than I am, or are
they all looking forward to being able to receive HD, as the marketing
hype and the "HD Ready" logo has implied ?

Dunno. HD is of course available from a variety of sources. DVD,
satellite, etc. Depends on whether you'd think you'd need a new DVD player
for HD discs if you already have an HD TV. Or a new satellite box.

Arfa

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.