Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Holmes Nick Holmes is offline

Default Condensing boiler in cellar?

bof wrote:
In message , Nick Holmes
writes
bof wrote:
Re combi in the basement
I have one here, the condensate goes via gravity into a small tank
and is periodically pumped out by a small electric motor, the unit's
something like 8"x8"x4". The condesate is pumped through a narrow
bore, (about 1/2" ext dia) flexible tube under the floorboards and
out through the wall into an external drain. I was a bit dubious
before installation but it's been working well for the last two years.

Thanks for this. What about the pressure relief discharge pipe though?

There's a 15mm copper pipe goes out next to the flue, whether this is
for pressure relief or no I don't know

It sounds as though it might be - does how does the pipe terminate?

Doesn't the pressure relief discharge pipe have to be terminated so that
there is no risk of it spewing hot pressurised water onto anyone and
doesn't it need to run downwards from the pressure release valve (unless
through a trap and pump)?

--
best wishes

Nick