Posted to uk.d-i-y
David W.E. Roberts David W.E. Roberts is offline

Default How is trap fixed in shower tray?

Hi,

just removing an old foam filled shower tray which has started to crumble
internally.

I have a whole world of grief waiting anyway because all the drainage is
solvent welded together and comes out of a hole cut in the side of the tray.
It also disappears into a wall and is located so there is no room to get
behind it. Yecht!

However my first problem is to undo the shower trap which will in turn (after
some butchery) allow me to lift the remains of the old shower tray out.

Does anyone know how these traps are usually fixed?

I have probed down the centre and there is no sign of a retaining screw.

I have tried a bit of uncsrewing but nothing seems to want to move.

I have a vague hope that if I can get the trap apart I can fit the new tray
over the old pipework, so I want to get the trap apart without breaking
anything.

Any information gratefully received.

Dave R