Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil[_9_] Neil[_9_] is offline

Default Question: Listening For Water Leaks?

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On 1 Oct, 19:49, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Did some jobs last year for a lady who worked for the local water companys
leak detection unit. They used sticks, electronic detectors & believe it
or
not - dowsing rods. She swore blind they worked a treat. I have my doubts.

One of our neighbours does this. Quick stuff is the electronic gadget,
harder stuff is a stick in the ear.

Then if it desn't work, you get out the dowsing rods. This gives you
time to think, and it also makes the awed audience shut up for a bit,
so you can actually hear the water.

Sure! - a couple of bent welding rods works a treat.