Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default alternative way to install a lintel

On Oct 1, 7:58*pm, swimmydeepo wrote:
RobertL says:
"You dig out the brickwork through half the
thickness of the wall and insert the first U"??
It seems to me you are considering a double leaf wall...anyhow, how
are the bricks above kept from falling down? Using Strongboys?
(something I wasn't considering using in the first place). Maybe I'm
missing your point here or I'm being overcautious...basically I want
to play safe...racking some mortar sounds pretty safe to me.

No, this was for for a solid(200mm) wall. It's what my engineer
specified, but when the builders actually did it they used acrow props
both sides and took all the bricks out in one go.

Playing safe is a good idea!

Robert