Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default PING Jules

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:47:38 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

As an ex pat living in Merica, who are the main DIY sheds?

AIUI B&Q is largely based on Home Depot. Whats the Mercan equivalent of
Homebase & Wickes?

Adrian's probs right about Mal-Wart for Homebase/Wickes, if I'm
remembering rightly the type of stuff they used to sell

While I would agree about WalMart being a a replacement for Homebase I
am not so sure about it being a replacement for Wickes. I have always
perceived Wickes as being rather more towards the Builder Merchant end
of the spectrum. What about Lowe's?

Andrew