Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default PostScript Processing Question

Jim Thompson wrote:
I found a way to concatenate multiple PostScript files, add a special
header and footer, and end up with a single file that can be converted
to PDF.

I use this to collect data from 50 or more simulation runs onto a
single graph.

Problem: Resulting PDF is HUGE, because, for example, the grid and its
scales are repeated 50 or more times.

Anyone know of a cute way to find duplicates and delete them?

I have UltraEdit v14 at my disposal, though I would consider
purchasing something else if it were "slick" ;-)

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

If you do a lot of this, i would recommend writing a program to find
duplicates (and delete them).
Might even take commonly used sections and write canned "subroutines"
that can be called umpteen times inside the PS file (/JTscale1 {blah
blah} def).
As you know, these "subroutines" can also be in an external file.