George

Default Finish Sander, 1/4 Sht or Random Orbit?

I've got the Rockwell equivalent in 1/4 sheet, and it's very useful.

Now, has anyone tries the newest gimmick - floppy-edged sandpaper for you
ROS? Supposed to cuddle up to an edge just fine, if you believe the
advertising. Won't do a corner, though.

Oh yes, the torque on a ROS makes it a pain to work in any but controlled
positions. To really get inside and up and around things, go the speed
block. Easier on the wrist.

"Leon" wrote in message
gy.com...
You are talking about apples and oranges here. They both have their plus
and minus points. I have both. I recommend a right angle ROS for fast

and
rough sanding and the PC SpeedBloc for finish sanding. Most any finish
sander will get into corners while a ROS will not.