Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Electricital question

Mike (my electrician) will put the right thing, but I just wanted to
start shopping and getting prices together. BTW, does anyone know what
#6 copper solid strand goes for now? There would be just about a 200'
run.

The table below shows ohms/1000 ft, so you need to divide that number by
1000 to get ohms per foot.

These ampacity tables never say what the conditions are for "Normal Amps"
and "Max Amps".

Romex in air? Raw wires in conduit? Buried? Transformer winding?
/whine

From the other responses, it's sounding like you're looking at 2 AWG.

Good Luck!
Rich