Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pump for fountain to suck out small debris

On Sep 29, 9:54*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
wrote in message

I have a medium sized fountain in my backyard that I have to clean out
every few weeks. I have a pump to drain the water, but it cannot pick
up *small debris at the bottom of the fountain such as leaves and tiny
rock fragments. Is there a pump that I can get so that I can suck out
the debris using a hose before I drain the fountain?

Thanks

Spa shops make a small vacuum that is driven with a garden hose, and they
have a large hypodermic syringe looking thing that is for just that.

Steve

Seems it would be easier to drain it first, then use a shop vac to get
the remaining water and debris.