Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Undercoat/Topcoat?

On Sep 30, 8:17*pm, "Bertie Doe" wrote:
I've just fixed some pine quadrant, where the worktop
meets the wall-tiles. I've given it 2 coats of 'Valspar
all purpose primer/undercoat for wood and metal' (circa
1980's).

It's cream/off white colour, it dries to a sheen,
somewhere between gloss and matt. "Great, it matches
the rest of the kitchen perfectly" says the missus. The
problem is, I've bought some brilliant white topcoat.

I could add another layer of undercoat. Are there any
characteristics, which prevent it being used as a
topcoat - it's likely to get splashed. TIA.

The problem is its matt, so wil get dirty and not wipe clean. you
could varnish it, or get some top coat colour matched.

NT