BigWallop

Default Magentic Sensors on uPVC Windows

"Tim Jenkins" wrote in message
Hello,

Just had wooden window frames replaced with uPVC. The old frames had those
magnetic sensors screwed into the Window/Frame. Whats the best way of
fitting these on the new uPVC frames ? I was told it invalidates the
guarantee if you screw things into them ?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim.

Can I ask, why do you need contacts on the windows ? Aren't the rooms
covered by PIR's ? Are you hoping someone will try to open the window
rather than cut out the glass double glazing unit, which is the most likely
to happen ?

I just can't get my head around having reed switches on windows. Shock
inertia sensors yes, or even glass break detectors in the room, but magnetic
contacts ? No, don't get that one at all.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com