Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver[_2_] Jumpster Jiver[_2_] is offline

Default RCA Projection TV - POWER ON??????

"infiniteMPG" wrote in message
We have a large home theater RCA projection TV model P61939 that we
have had for several years and never had a single issue with. We use
it for our TV and some video games. Last night we watched Monday
Night Football until late at night and powered it off as normal. This
evening we went to power it on with the remote and nothing came on, no
picture, no sound, nothing. Tried the switches on the front and still
nothing. We have it plugged into a good surge supressor power stip
and we powered this off, then back on. When we powered it back on, we
got a quick burp sound from the speakers of the TV, but still
nothing. Left it off for a while and then turned it back on, still
nothing.

Now this beast of a TV who has served us so well now sits idle in the
corner of the room. We were looking at buying a new TV down the road,
but in these times we were wanting to put that off as long as possible
and the picture on this was always excellent.

So we'd like to know if there's anything anyone might suggest that
might breath life back into our living room companion. Anything that
might be a way to figure out what's wrong without incurring some major
repair bill as a 61" TV isn't something you throw in the car and take
to the repair shop.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

If you are familiar with troubleshooting this type of TV, you need to start
with the power supply. Check voltages and post back here what you find.
Otherwise...
Chances are one or more components in the power supply have failed. Try to
find a competent local repair shop based on reccomendations. The TV should
not need to be removed from the home to repair it. A good technician should
be able to diagnose and replace the defective components. Often the entire
inner chassis will be removed and brought back to the repair shop and the
outer cabinet left in the home.
Diagnosis takes time and skill so expect to pay for a repair estimate. Most
shops will include this in the cost of the repair if you accept the
estimate. Depending on the parts and labor required to repair the TV expect
to pay at least several hundred dollars (if in the USA) for the repair.
Good luck.