Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default NiMh rechargeable batteries

Man at B&Q wrote:

Indeed. All the ones I've seen have specific warnings against leaving
them on thecradle all the time. The batteries get slowly poached.

MBQ

I don't deny they say that (including ours). Nor that batteries might
deteriorate if always on cradle. But having left ours like that for
something like 8 years, I am not going to try the experiment to compare!
Especially as ours are always fully charged ready for a mammoth
conversation without worry. Friends who do not put them on cradle are
forever suffering flat batteries and seem to have to replace them regularly.

--
Rod