Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Switch off at the socket?

Paul Martin wrote:
In article ,
Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

If you are claiming (it's a bit unclear) that tidal energy is a derived
form of solar, i.e. derived from the light emitted by the sun, and
incident on the earth, you are mistaken.

A substantial part of the tides are caused by the sun's gravity.
Without the moon, we would still have tides - about a quarter of
the height, I believe.

Other way round. The moon has the largest effect, and the sun the
lesser effect.

that's what he said. About a quarter with no moon, ergo 3/4 is the moon.

Of course if we start using the tidal energy, the moon will come
crashing into us and destroy the planet a bit quicker. Another example
of 'green' energy destroying the planet...? ;-)