Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Kenmore Microwave Oven goes belly up - twice in 2 years.

On Sep 29, 8:59*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The couple I've done, it's been the high voltage diode that
goes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message

I've repaired 5 or 6 microwave ovens and the problem was
always a bad
micro switch. *Most of the bad switches were caused by a
slip on wire
connector making poor contact and getting hot, so I often
soldered the
wires to the new switch.

Interesting. Good idea though. We had a total of three or four m.waves
in a school cafeteria we used to operate. With those and requests from
friends and neighbours we had 2 or 3 bad magnetrons, which even used
cost around $30 so unless you had one out of a scrapped unit hardly
worth fixing! Couple of those over-heat switches (either little round
bi-metal or occasioanlly solid state) that went open, Two IIRC bad
micro switches, one bad diode and or capacitor can't recall which.
Then also encrusted dirt, bad fan etc.