Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Garage or workshop?

Robatoy wrote:
On Sep 29, 8:10 pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
Bart wrote:
Pretty cool find.
Secret submarine base ?

LOL - I suppose the Russians nixed an original plan to put it on the
Caspian shore, so they built it inland.

This one (a few miles west) was a bit more difficult to spot:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.93....035491&z =15

But I still haven't spotted the enrichment facility that's been reported
NE of Qom. Anyone have coordinates for that?

About 25+ years ago, an engineer I worked with at the power company
(Ontario Hydro as it was then called) went to Iran on loan to their
power company to help out with protection and control development and
lived there for over 2 years. He dreaded having to come back here to
Canada. We shared many a glass of wine and I watched, with absolute
awe, a few hundred colour slides he took while he was there. What a
beautiful country.

Some parts are beautiful and some seem forbidding. I lived about 650
miles from this location across the Gulf - and thought the sand desert
there was beautiful. Methinks beauty is where you choose to see it.

This area appears to have been seriously uglified. At first I wondered
about the light-colored circular discolorations. Then I paid a bit of
attention to where they were located and guessed that they're a less
than friendly way of saying "Keep off the grass".

It seems a shame to do that to one's own backyard...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar