Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

aemeijers wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Red Green wrote in
news:Xns9C951E4312A7RedGreen@ 216.168.3.70:

"Dave" wrote in
:

"SteveB" wrote in message
How many of you use a five gallon plastic bucket for a ladder? I
know it's not such a good idea, and I cringe when I see someone
else do it, from being a safety professional and suffering from
the hypervigilance of PTSD. And yet, I just did it, and with
little reservation. I have seen people "walk" these remarkable
distances, and use them quite adroitly. I also have heard tales
of woe and steel pins and screws. And yet, if I need to do
something straight up, and all I need is a foot or two, I grab a
bucket, because I can never find the damn ladder.

Steve

Sorry, I used either a two-step plastic folding thing that is
weight-tested for my mass, or a three step metal folding step
ladder with similar promise of strength, or the real thing,
depending on which one suits my needs of the moment. Plastic
buckets are not a good idea, and neither are milk crates. When you
fall after 40 you no longer bounce back up, you just lay there and
ring. And I am pushing 50, only a few months away.

My $.02. YMMV

Dave

And I am pushing
50, only a few months away.
Kids...boy I tell ya. When I was his age we didn't have... yak yak
yak.

Hell, I could jump two trusses in an attic WAY back then. Down to one
now that I'm closer to 60 than 50...barely closer to 60 mind you.

OOh- flashback. I used to be able to stand on the subfloor in a just
framed house, jump up, grab a ceiling joist, and pull myself up into
the attic. That was several decades and at least 30 pounds ago,
though.

--
aem sends...

I ain't no where even near 6' to start with. And as the movie tile goes,
"White Men Can't Jump". :-)

Guess I would hae needed... a five gallon plastic bucket!!