Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radon mitigation

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:17:26 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

I've got to have the radon problem taken care of in my house. Where is the
real "cost" of the project? Is it putting in the pit, running the pipe, the
expertise, etc, etc.? The reason I ask is I have a sump pit already
available, a pipe that runs through the house to the attic, and the
electrical hookup. I think I just need a pipe from the pit, a fan in the
attic, and the hole punched in the roof. Getting estimates next week.

Thank you for your time.

All depends on your situation. There is less concern if you do not
smoke, no potentially women who can get pregnant, time spent on the
bottom floor, etc. Some fresh air will bring the numbers down, of
course you need to keep testing. A good idea to test for radon before
buying a house