Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:44:01 -0400, Phisherman wrote:
There is no subtitute for a sturdy ladder. Anything else is asking
for trip to medical. Every homeowner should own a few sizes. Yeah,
I'm guilty of using a chair instead of a step stool, never a 5-gallon
bucket.

I'm sure the buckets could be stacked, pyramid-style, to give a variety of
heights

Never tried the bucket trick myself. Old metal-framed chair works for
low-down work, home-made 8' ladder for slightly higher stuff, and the 24'
aluminum extension ladder for anything bigger.

I still can't get to the top of the barn roof, though, and that'd need a
*lot* of buckets ;-)

cheers

Jules