Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default About that noise......

On 9/29/2009 12:45 PM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

Arfa Daily wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

Ice maker spitting out the next batch??

Ice maker !! ?? This isn't America you know!

Arfa, he was trying to be funny. The sound of ice cubes being
ejected into the ice-cube-holding box sounds exactly like ice
cubes being ejected into an ice-cube-holding box. You wouldn't
mistake it for anything else.

This I know, William. Having spent a fair bit of time living in
American vacation homes, I am quite familiar with the sound of ice
cubes being discharged into the holding hopper. i didn't actually
see the comment as an attempt at humour. Seemed to be a reasonable
suggestion based on the fact that ice discharging can be quite
noisy. I guess it's another example of the differences between
British and American humour ... :-)

The British have humor? Who knew!

Well, apart from Monty Python, Dame Edna, Eddie Izzard and Benny Hill, no.

Is that why you use all those extra 'U's? ;-)

It must be something like the Law of Conservation of "R"s (they drop
them in certain words, but insert them intrusively into others).