Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Stopper stuck on chuck

interesting - no one suggested deceleration as the means to get it off. If
you can hold the chuck with something (is it threaded? MT?) then you can
smack the thing holding it into a vice, an anvil or something (making sure
the stopper misses the object being smacked) - the sudden deceleration will
probably move it - if not, smack it harder - you can easily get well over
1000 g's (for a very short amount of time), and the shock will almost
certainly free it.

"Scott Zrubek" wrote in message
In article ications,
Kevin Miller wrote:

Scott Zrubek wrote:

The freezing did not work. Time to try and part it off near the chuck,
I guess.

Unless it's REALLY nice wood I'd just turn it off...

...Kevin

My skills might not be up to getting it off properly. I'd like to see
if it will still function as a b/s.