Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Tip: Posting links to Screwfix bits

fred gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not always that easy I'm afraid SF often create tortuous links when
you've searched to get to the product eg:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...21UCSTHZOSFFI?
_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=17359&searchbutton.x=9&searchbutton.y= 12&searchbutton=submit

For these I have to store the core link as a favourite.

But they show a product number on the page, so you can still adapt it

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17359

Yep, I think that was the point of my tip :-D

Unless I'm missing something, you still have to store the core link:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/ somewhere, pull it out and add the item
code manually.

Umm, if you try and link to the search result, you get a horrible
unwieldy URL, sure - but if you click on an individual item within a
search result, you get a longer URL that starts with that nice short /
prods/number

If you search for the product number, as the OP seems to have done
(&fh_search=17359), you get an unwieldy URL, sure - but even if you've
done that all you need to do is copy the link behind the "Share on
Facebook" button, then trim that back.

'course, you could always go through your order history and click on the
product name, if that's why you're trying to find it but know the product
number... (and I can't think of many other reasons why you'd be searching
by number alone)