Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Radon mitigation

Jack wrote:
I've got to have the radon problem taken care of in my house. Where is
the real "cost" of the project? Is it putting in the pit, running the
pipe, the expertise, etc, etc.? The reason I ask is I have a sump pit
already available, a pipe that runs through the house to the attic, and
the electrical hookup. I think I just need a pipe from the pit, a fan
in the attic, and the hole punched in the roof. Getting estimates next
week.

Thank you for your time.

Not speaking from expertise but it's just ventilation and venting of
gas. Don't know how serious your problem is but I would do minimal
required. Some stuff I've seen appeared to be overkill and generally
not being an emergency you could take your time, maybe doing minimum and
retesting.