Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Dehumidifier Vibration Noise Ordeal

On Sep 29, 7:51*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Since you have built your own controller, what's the big
deal with wiring your controller into an electronic dehum?
All you need to power is the fan, compressor, freeze stat,
and the switch that tells if the bucket is full. The wiring
ought to be easy enough.

Since you have your own controller, *you should be able to
make a window AC into a dehum. Some control wiring, and
build a drain under the evaporator.

Never occured to you, to glue some styrofoam insullation to
the sides of the unit? Change the weight of the sheet metal,
and change its resonant frequency.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I went throught this recently with a Sears/LG unit. Whatever was
making it vibrate was inacessible. I finally realized that placing
some weight on top of it completely solved it. Now I have a case of
bottled water sitting on it. It was also sensitive to the type of
weight. Stacking metal weights just as heavy did very little. I
think the water probably helps absorb the resonance.