Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Now, honestly ..........

Bucket-- not any more. I think I've exceeded their weight ratings.

I like my little aluminum motorcycle stand for stability. I paid $5
for it at a garage sale- like this one
http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=68

I've also been dragging an 8" concrete block around in the basement
these days. A couple drops and it settles right in to the gravel
floor.

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:30:42 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

I've become quite rigid on the subject of safety glasses, dust masks,
hearing protectors and so on. Young people heal so quickly, they
have no idea....

Not safety glasses (or goggles) -- face shield. There are other
things on your
face, besides your eyes, that are worth protecting.

Glasses & goggles I've gotten used to. A face shield sounds like a
winner though.
-snip-

I'm actually thinking of getting a hardhat (something I
haven't worn for years and years), I'm going to look like a safety poster in
an industrial arts class....

While digging in my basement a couple years ago I plopped one on one
day to keep sand out of my hair when digging overhead. The same
day I found my first rock- a baseball sized stone that I saw coming
and enough time to turn the hard hat towards it. Made a nice ringing
sound- but no lumps. Now I always don the hard hat if I'm working
overhead. [I work alone so I don't have to worry about the other
guy.

Another safety deal I've gotten anal about is capping rerod. Only
took a couple close calls to smarten me up on that one.

Jim