Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default DIY Bike workstand - any experience?

In message
, Andy
Dingley writes
On 26 Sep, 17:21, jkn wrote:

* * I'm starting to think about building a bike workstand - the sort
of thing with a pivoting frame clamp

Never had a use for such a thing - as frames are also long and thin,
it's not really practical to "turn" the frame like this, nor do you
really need to. Easiest way to invert is unclamp it, flip the frame
and reclamp.

I half agree with this. If mine didn't rotate I'd probably not really
notice it didn't do it, but I do sometimes find it useful to rotate the
clamp on mine.

What you do need is a clamp. A clamp that holds well, is quick to
apply, fits most frames and doesn't damage them.

Certainly agree with that.

--
Chris French